If you want to set up your own workshop or already have yours, but you still have an old welding machine, and you want to take a step forward, it is best to buy a MIG welder. It works with inert metal gas, which allows you much more productive than traditional manual arc metal welding.
With a MIG welder, you do not have to replace the electrode every so often because it uses an electrode formed by a continuous wire that lasts longer. We have highlighted 5 best MIG welder under 500 that will ease your welding job with safety and longevity.
Table of Content
LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder with Free Spool Gun
Mig Welder MIG-205 MIG TIG ARC Welding Machine Gas Gasless Welder
SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp MIG MAG ARC MMA Stick DC Welder 110/220V Dual Voltage
Mophorn MIG Welder 200 Amp MIG TIG Arc Welder 3 in 1 Welder
Weldpro 155 Amp Inverter MIG/Stick Arc Welder with Dual Voltage 220V/110V welding machine
5 Best Mig Welder Under 500 Reviews 2021
In the market, you will find lots of MIG welder that makes the right choice challenging. After doing in-depth analysis, we have reviewed 5 best MIG welder under 500 that will meet your demands,
1. LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder
LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder comes with a spool gun that can weld 3/8 inches thinner aluminum material easily. It has a rated power 175 amp that allows you to weld 18 gauge 1/4 inches stainless steel plate without extra tools. Also, it has a reliable transformer that ensures durability and long-lasting performance. It can flow 12 liters gas per minute that improves your welds.
It has a durable handle that helps to carry the welder machine anywhere. The portable MIG welding machine can be connected with 220-220V outlets and set up within 10 minutes. Its spool gun has 4 pin connections and 10.4 ft long cable that provides welding at long distance with perfection. The diameter of the aluminum wire is 0.9mm that provides overload protection.
It has a high-quality MIG torch provides faster welding performance without losing alloy metals. The ground clamp cable helps to connect with the ground for safety. Also, it has a gas hose that ensures stimulate gas flow to protect from leakage. With the argon regulator, you can set the gas volume in the flow tube easily. The pressure gauge helps to measure gas level and flow. After all, it can be considered as the best multi-process welder for the money.
LOTOS MIG175 Features:
- It comes with a 10.4 ft long spool gun that can weld 18 gauge steel plate and 3/8 inches to 3/16 inches alloy plate perfectly.
- The high-quality MIG torch provides smooth welding performance without losing metal parts.
- It has 175 amp rated power that can weld stainless steel, mild steel, and alloy metals from a 220V outlet.
- The argon regulator delivers continuous pressure and helps to control gas flow in the tube.
- It has a welding mask, ground clamp cable, and high-quality wires that ensure safety while using.
2. Mig Welder MIG-205 MIG TIG ARC Welding Machine
Mig Welder MIG-205 MIG TIG ARC Welding Machine comes with a 10 ft MIG gun that can weld 100mm to 200mm steel effectively. It has a different welding system that makes the best budget multi-process welder. Also, it provides gas-less welding using 1.0 ET71 flux wire that ensures continuous use in emergency cases. You can use 0.8mm ER70S-6 wire while using gas to weld metals.
The heavy-duty MIG welder has a DC stick that helps to weld up to 1/8 inches electrode with a ground clamp. Also, you can enjoy the TIG welding performance with the lift TIG option. You can run it from 110-220V dual outlets that ensure multiple uses with proper welding. It is controlled with synergic technology, which makes its operation very easy.
It has a control panel that shows the voltage levels, welding methods, dia, wire, gas levels, wire feed, and modes. The 2T and 4T design modes are used for simple and longtime usage, which can be changed with finger touch from the controller. The knob allows us to change the value of the welder and adjust the power function easily. You can enjoy 4 welding facilities: gas mig, gasless mig, stick and lift tig that makes it versatile and the best mig welder under 500.
Mig Welder Features:
- The welding machine comes with a 10ft MIG gun that can weld 100mm to 200mm steel perfectly.
- It has a 2T design for small work and 4 t design for heavy-duty and long time work.
- The 4 in 1 welding facilities ensure different types of performance with dual voltage.
- Its control panel has the voltage indicator, knob, wire diameter, modes, and wire feed.
- It has rated power 200 amp at 220V and 160 amp at 110v with gas and gasless welding facilities.
3. SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp MIG MAG ARC MMA Stick DC Welder
SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp MIG MAG ARC MMA Stick DC Welder is equipped with 110V and 220V dual voltage that produces 120 amp and 200 amp rated power to be considered as the best dual voltage MIG welder. It has gas and gasless welding methods that allow you to weld any materials such as stainless steel, mild steel, carbon steel, iron, etc. The MIG welding process runs with gasless flux wires, which sized 0.03-0.039 inches.
It has fan-cooled technology that reduces overheating issues and protects the device with your safety. Its ARC welding system provides stable performance with little spatter, which is not risky. If you have a spool gun, you can weld ally metals easily. It has an inner welder that is available for flux wire and solid wire.
It weighs 48 pounds, and you can use it home and outdoor for a short time and longtime use. The MIG welder for home use has 118 inches MIG torch that allows us to weld perfectly. For ensuring safety, it comes with a mask and brush that helps to do welding tasks without any hesitation. Also, its wire feeder has 1.5 to 16 m per minute that provides a better welding experience.
- It has a 110V and 220V dual voltage method that output 120 amp and 200 amp rated power.
- The wire feeder has a 1.5 to 16 m/minute range that provides better welding.
- Gas and gas-less welding systems can weld stainless steel, iron, mild steel, and carbon steel.
- The high-quality 118 inches MIG torch provides perfect welding without losing metals.
- Its fan-cooled technology ensures protection from overheating issues.
4. Mophorn MIG Welder 200 Amp MIG TIG Arc Welder 3 in 1 Welder
Mophorn MIG Welder is equipped with an IGBT inverter that helps control power and ensure protection from over-voltage, overheat, etc. It has a high-quality wire feeder inside that ensures smooth gas flow for better welding performance. It also has MIG, TIG, and MMA welding technology to weld steel and iron material. It is a lightweight and compact design to be the best MIG welder for home use.
It has an LCD monitor that shows the input and output power parameters for better inspection. The flux wire provides airless welding and releases gas automatically while welding. Also, it prevents oxidation from welded metals and ensures durability. It has 4 knobs that allow changing welding systems, voltage levels, wire speed, and current MMA.
It has a TIG torch and STICK method that allows you to weld steel and iron perfectly. It is 85% energy efficient that produce 20-200A rated power with a 220V wall socket. The cooling fan keeps the machine cool and protects from overheating while welding. Its 60 percent rate duty cycle allows you to weld for a long time with smooth performance. After all, it is the best affordable MIG welder.
- It comes with an IGBT inverter that provides high quality and stable performance with over-voltage protection.
- The flux-cored and solid cored wire allows releasing MIG during welding that ensures durability to the welded part.
- It has a TIG torch and STICK system that can weld thin iron, steel, and suitable repairing work.
- The LCD panel shows the voltage and ampere level and allows to control functions easily with the knobs.
- It has a cooling fan that protects the machine from overheating problems and ensures longevity.
5. Weldpro 155 Amp Inverter MIG/Stick Arc Welder
Weldpro 155 Amp Inverter MIG/Stick Arc Welder is incorporated with 2T and 4T modes that ensure short time and longtime welding performance. It works on 110V and 220V from AC outlets that have 30 amp to 155 amp rated power. Also, it has an IGBT inverter that provides over-voltage protection with better welding. It weighs 20 pounds and has a solid handle so you can easily use it anywhere you want.
With 220 volts, it can weld up to 1/4 inches of steel, iron, and other metals properly. The wire feeds provide 78 to 472 inches per minute speed and heat without tapping the control. It has two knobs that allow controlling wire speed and ARC volts according to use. Also, the pressure gauge shows the gas speed in the tube.
It comes with a 7.5 ft MIG torch to ensure high-quality welding experience without using flux and reduce the metal loss while working. The 300 amp earth clamp allows us to connect with the ground that provides a safe working environment. Also, the flux-cored wire works fine outdoor and allows high deposition at all conditions. For these points, it can be considered as the best budget MIG welder.
Weldpro 155 Features:
- It is incorporated with 2T mode for short time welding and 4T mode for long time welding performance.
- The 110V and 220V input help to produce 30 to 155 amp rated power, which improves performance.
- Wire feeds provide 78 to 472 inches per minute wire speed and heat supply.
- It has an IGBT inverter that helps reduce heat and ensure MIG and STICK welding.
- It comes with a 7.5 ft MIG torch that can weld steel, iron, etc. with durability.
What To Consider Before Buying A Mig Welder Under $500 Dollars?
The art of welding involves knowledge of many aspects; remember that you are merging two materials. In this section, we will briefly explain the factors to consider before buying the best MIG welder under 500.
The power and capacity of a MIG welder are essential to consider. Before starting to search, you should consider the size of the electrodes in the welding machine. For reference, a model with a rated power of 90 amps allows welding up to 2 millimeters metals. On the other side, 180 amps can weld 5 mm or above metals. Do not forget that the higher-level machines have a regulator, so you can adjust the power to what you need at any time. So, it is always appropriate to exceed the maximum capacity required if your budget allows it.
Depending on the type of torch, it generates or works with certain gases, suitable for one or another use. For example, argon gas models are for aluminum, copper, and nickel welds, while argon and CO2 models are suitable for carbon steel welds.
In any case, the torch and connector must comply with the universal connector that allows you to change the model of the torch easily. It does not represent a change in how much the equipment costs and guarantees long-term use. It is also advisable to consider the quality of the torch. If you plan to use it with very high intensities, it is convenient to look for a MIG torch.
The control panel is equipped with knobs that allows adjusting the functions. The adjustments are necessary and must be done wisely to avoid errors in welding. Some models indicate the input and output voltage. It also has min/max wire speed, electrode diameter, welding percentage, and more functions. With the parameters, you can weld metals safely and effectively.
Typically, every decent MIG welder offers at least one safety mechanism. They have been integrated precisely to avoid abusive or more prolonged use than the welding machine can guarantee. On the other hand, the welder chosen must also include a protection system against surges, which prevents excess energy or electricity spikes from damaging the electronic system. Without this, your appliance may catch fire.
Accessories do not directly affect the quality of the appliance and are highly appreciated, as they can save you hundreds of dollars when you buy the welding machine. Furthermore, this purchasing criterion can also serve as a decisive factor if you are not in doubt between two models of the same quality.
By following these factors, you can easily get a MIG welder under 500 to ease your welding job.
Note: In the above section, we have presented the MIG welder under 500 buying guide. If you want to know more about MIG welder, you can read how to choose a MIG welder?
Why Should You Buy A Mig Welder Under 500?
For several advantages, you should buy a MIG welder that will fulfill your demands and ease your welding task. Some of them are:
- MIG welders come with IGBT inverter that ensures quality and faster welding without losing any metal parts. You don’t need casting to weld metals with the welder. So, you will achieve clean welding where casting is not used.
- The welders work on gas and gas-less method. The gas method protects the ARC so you can use it for a long time. If you have a spool or MIG gun, you can easily weld aluminum materials without losing components.
- It has various usage, and both thick and thin metals can be welded with this method. While welding, it generates small weld spatters, which is less than regular welders. Also, the welders have a multi-functional system and voltage system.
For these advantages, you should have a MIG welder. So, you can buy the best one from our above-reviewed MIG welders.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some frequently asked questions about MIG welder.
Can I weld aluminum with a MIG welder?
Can you stick weld with a MIG welder?
Can mig welder weld stainless steel?
Does mig welder use gas?
Do gasless MIG welders work?
MIG welders become popular for its easy to control and use. Beginners to experts can use it for a wide welding range of thickness metals. So, we have rounded up 5 best MIG welder under 500 that will suit your need. In the meantime, I would like to recommend Mig Welder MIG-205 MIG TIG ARC Welding Machine that is easy to control and operate with a Synergic controller. It has a 10 ft MIG gun and 5 ft ground clamp that works on 110V-220V outlets and produces 160 amp to 200 amp rated power for better welding performance.
Also, its 2T design mode is perfect for small welding tasks, and 4T design mode allows you to weld for a long time; you can easily change the modes with the finger. It has a control panel that is equipped with knobs and indicators for better inspection. The welder can be used in stainless steel, mild steel, iron, carbon steel, and other metals.