Choosing the right welding machine for your metal job can be a daunting job, regardless of what purpose it’s going to serve. As there are too many things to consider, the best chance to get better service is to go with a reliable brand. Forney just fills that gap as one of the most reliable welding machine manufacturers in the US. Forney has options for anybody with different levels of experience in the field, whether you’re a professional or an amateur.
If you’re looking for the best welding machine, our expert team has come up with the best Forney welder reviews. You’ll be able to choose the best option in the Forney welders that can serve you with the maximum output. So, stick to the article to find your next welding companion and to get started with an arc in metal.
About This Brand
Forney industries started its journey back in 1932 in Fort Collins, Colorado, manufacturing tools, equipment, and accessories. It’s a family-owned business that introduced the very first arc welding machine, available for public back in 1936. They make tools and welders for all types of jobs in farming, DIYs, hardware shops, industrial manufacturing, and so on.
Table of content
Here are the quick navigation link to the article’s sections, containing the products and other specs, follow the links for quick navigation:
Here is a quick comparison chart for the products we’ve selected from the best options in Forney welders. You can get a quick idea about them here and select the best overall chronologically:
Best 3 Forney Welder Reviews 2020
No more confusions, here are the best Forney welder reviews that will help you decide which Forney welder you should go with:
1. Forney Easy Weld 140 MP, Multi-Process Welder, Green
The Forney Easy Weld 140 MP is a 3 in 1 machine that works for Stick, Mig and Tig welding, which makes it an all-in-one solution for any type of project. With its unlimited wire feed speed and infinite voltage control, it’s the best multi-process welder for the money.
For big projects, it takes up to 10 pounds of wire feed roll as well as 2-pound rolls for smaller jobs. It’s the perfect mig welder for home use as it works both with or without Gas cylinder with flux core. You can use up to 0.35 inch of an electrode to weld a wide range of metals in your project.
The welder can weld up to 1/4th of an inch (6.35 mm) steel with its 0.030-inch contact tip for MIG welding. It comes with a 10 feet MIG gun for MIG welding, and an 8 feet electrode holder for stick welding. You’ll also get an 8 feet ground clamp for better reach to your project easily.
Forney Easy Features:
- This welder has all the welding processes on board, MIG, Stick, and TIG welding.
- It comes with an additional 20Amps-15Amps adapter for current variation.
- The maximum welding thickness for this welder is up to 6.35 mm (1/4 inch)
- It can weld both with or without gas shielding with up to 0.30 inch of flux core electrode.
- You can use both 2 pounds and 10 pounds of wire feed spool with this welder.
2. Forney Easy Weld 299 125FC Flux Core Welder, 120-Volt, 125-Amp
The Easy Weld 299 125 FC is a flux core welder that doesn’t take gas, which is perfect for home repair or DIY projects. It uses 120 volts input with 125 amps of output for high-quality welding, no matter the metal thickness or wire speed.
It can weld 24 gauge mild steel up to 1/4 inches thick metal with fine welding beads. Plus, it takes in both wire spools of 2 pounds or 10 pounds for small to big projects. So, you don’t have to run for changing the wire over and over, which makes the best budget flux core welder.
For the flux-core wire, you can use up to .030 inch of an electrode, which is enough for thicker metals. Furthermore, you can control the wire feeding speed with its wire-feeding speed control dial with 10 levels. It comes with a 6-feet welding gun that can keep you on the go with better portability.
Weld 299 Features:
- Forney 125 FC is a flux core welder that doesn’t take any gas to weld on metal.
- It can weld any metal with the thickness of a mild 24 gauge to 1/4 inch of steel.
- You can use both 2 pounds or 10 pounds of electrode spool for the wire feed.
- The electrode diameter for this welder is up to 0.30 inches of flux electrode.
- You can use it with the home electric outlet of 120 volts, and the output is 125 amps.
3. Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V, Green
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i welder machine can help you weld up to 1/4 of an inch (6.35 mm) of thick metal. You can use both the 1 pounds of electrode spool or the 10-pound ones for the welding process. The bigger spool helps you weld larger pieces with a single pass, that’s why it’s the best affordable mig welder.
It works with infinite voltage control with its 10-level voltage controller dial. It also has a wire feed controller dial for the wire feeding speed for the ultimate control over the machine. For the flux core wire, you can use up to 0.30-inch electrodes to weld almost any type of metal down to 24 gauge.
This welder is a portable mig welding machine that doesn’t require gas for shielding and works with flux electrodes. It works with 120 Volts regular current input with the output of 140 amps for a heavy and clean welding bead. It also comes with 20 amps to 15 amps adapters for different current outlets you may have.
Easy Weld 261 Features:
- This welder can weld up to 1/4″ thick steel, all the way down to 24 gauge mild steel.
- You can use it with your home current outlet of 120 Volts for up to 140 amps output.
- It welds with up to 0.30-inch of flux core electrode for welding any type of metal.
- You can use 2 pounds or 10 pounds wire feeding spool for this welder machine.
- This welder comes with an 8′ mig gun with an 8′ ground clamp with a 20-15A adapter.
Is This Forney Welder Easy To Use?
Forney welding machines are popular for more than 80 years now, and there is a big reason behind this popularity; that’s the ease of their products. Here are some reasons why their products are so easy to use:
- Forney offers multiple welding methods in their machines, which helps the professionals not to bring 2-3 welding machines to their worksite for different types of welding.
- The welders are capable of taking different diameters of the electrode in their machines, whether it’s a flux core wire or a gas shielded electrode.
- They come with welding guns with extra-long wire feeding cords. They come protected with a non-flammable jacket on them for your safety and convenience while welding.
Why Choose This Forney Welder Machine?
As Forney works for a really long time in the industry with welding machines, they have a large amount of experience in perfecting their products. Here are some reasons why you should choose Forney welding machines:
- Forney welders come with the maximum output amperage for a very high-quality weld with the regular home current input of 120 Volts.
- They can weld a wide range of metal types and a variety of thicknesses from 24 gauge mild sheets to 6.35mm heavy metal bases as well.
- You can use the wire feed speed with multiple levels of speed from 5 to 10 times in variation with their wire feed speed controller.
- You can use both 2-pounds or 10-pounds of wire feeding spool with the Forney welders depending on the smaller or bigger projects.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequent questions about Forney welding machines that you might have an interest in:
Who makes Forney welders?
Forney’s Italian manufacturing partners make and assemble the Forney welders.
Where are Forney welders manufactured
American and european engineers design the welders, and they are manufactured in Italy.
Are Forney welders made in the USA?
No, The welders are all designed in the US but made and assembled in Italy.
A great journey of welding begins with a great welding machine; Forney welding machines can give you the best starting experience for sure. People get stuck when they end up with multiple options while selecting the right welding machine. I hope, after going through the Forney welder reviews, you’ve decided which welder can fulfill your needs.
However, if you’re still confused and need an expert suggestion for the best welder overall, you can get the Forney Easy Weld 140 MP. It’s packed with some impressive features like the multiple welding systems, MIG, Stick, and TIG. You can use it for welding up to ¼ inch (6.35 mm) steel and control both the electrode speed and voltage with the controller dials.