Whether you’re a professional welder or an amateur one, choosing the right welding machine is important. Choosing the right welder requires a whole lot of things to consider, including the manufacturer you’re going with. Hobart welding machines offer great service and decent features within a reasonable price range.
However, choosing the right Hobart welder can be a daunting job because they have a lot of options. Our expert team on welders has been going through them all and has chosen the best ones for you. In this Hobart welders review, you’ll be able to find the best Hobart welder you’re looking for. So, stick to the article if you’re looking for your next welding companion that you can rely on.
About This Brand
Hobart welding company started its journey back in 1917 with designing, testing, and making welding equipment. So, they have the top-notch experience with welders anyone could ever imagine having. They make all kinds of Metal Working products besides welders, such as cutting and safety products as well. Based here in the US, they also make welding accessories for over 20 years now.
Table of Content
Follow this quick navigation links to jump to a specific section of the content and keep up with what you’re looking for:
If you’re more into the specific features and trying to compare the Hobart products, here is a quick comparison chart for you:
Best 3 Hobart Welders Review 2021
If you’re confused about which Hobart welders can serve the best, here is the best 3 Hobart welders review that can guide you through:
1. Hobart Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder
This 210 MVP MIG Welder from Hobart works with 115 Volts and 230 Volts, and it can detect the input outlet without any switching. Furthermore, it comes with 7 different voltage adjustment knobs for fine-tuning your welding bead, making it the best dual voltage mig welder.
At its 230 volts current passing, you can get over 30% of duty cycle and 20% on its 115 Volts, both are at 90 amps. There is even more to it, and you can also change the drive roll system without using any extra tool into the work. Altogether, it’s a good mig welder for home use and DIY projects.
It can weld almost any type and kind of metal you may have in work from 24 gauge mild steel to 3/8 of an inch heavy steel. You can use it with a variable wire feed controller because it offers a speed controlling knob. The welder also has a gas solenoid built-in with a dual gauge regulator for the 10′ hose.
Hobart Handler Features:
- This MIG welder works with both 115 and 230 Volts with an automatic detection system.
- It has a 30% and 20% duty cycle with 230V and 115 V at the regular 90Amps.
- You can control the filler wire feed speed with its control knob for the wire.
- It also offers the voltage control knob for various steels for fine-tuning in a single pass.
- This welder can weld anywhere between 24 gauge steel to 3/8th of an inch.
2. Hobart 500554 Handler 190 MIG Welder 230V
This Hobart handler 190 portable mig welding machine comes with a versatile amperage output option from 25 amps to 190 amps. It will allow you to get a very high-quality welding bead on the base and filler metal. For the voltage, it offers a highly powerful 230 Voltage input.
With its 230 V input, you can also control the voltage with its control knob with 7 different settings. This controllability will allow you to tweak it for different steels like aluminum, stainless steel, or mild steel. It can weld anywhere between 24 gauge mild steel to 5/16th of an inch with a single pass.
For the best welding experience, this welder comes with an adjustable wire feeding knob and a built-in spool gun. Furthermore, it has a dual gauge gas regulator in the pack for better control over your home repair or DIY project. It offers so much in one Compaq machine that makes it the best value mig welder.
Hobart 500554 Features:
- This welder has a versatile amperage control from 25 amps to 190 amps.
- It works a single line 230 volts adapter to run this machine.
- You can control the voltage output with its 7-level voltage meter knob.
- It offers a 10′ spool gun with a wire feed speed controller with a gas regulator.
- You can weld from 24 gauge mild steel to 5/16th of an inch all kinds of steel.
3. Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V
The Hobart 140 MIG Welder can weld almost any thickness of metal you can trough it in from 24 gauge mild steel to 1/4th of an inch. It can weld any type of metal, such as Cast iron, Titanium, brass, copper, Magnesium alloys, and so on with a great tuning on the welding bead.
For the fine-tuning, the machine comes with 5 levels of voltage control, which you can tweak depending on the metal type. It also offers a versatile amperage output from 25 amps to 140 amps, where it has 20% of duty cycle at 90 amps, 19 Volts.
If you’re getting it for household repairs and DIY projects, it has the ideal home current compatibility with 115 V input. You also can control the wire feed speed for different types of workload, which makes it the best mig welder for the money. Plus, you’ll get a 10′ clamp and spool gun with dual gas regulators.
Hobart 500559 Features:
- This welder works at the regular 115 Volts household current output.
- You can control the voltage output with its 5-level voltage controller knob.
- It has a versatile amperage from 25 to 140 amps with a 20% duty cycle at 90 amps.
- The wire spool feeding is also controllable with its wire-speed controller kabob.
- It comes with a 10′ spool gun, 10′ ground clamp, and dual-gauge gas regulators.
Is This Hobart Welder Easy To Use?
Hobart products are simplified and super easy to use because of their handy designs. Here are some examples of the versatility of Hobart welder machines:
- Hobart welders come with a 10′ spool gun with a ground clamp of the same size. You can use them for big projects and outdoor repair jobs because of the extended size.
- They come with Dual-gauge gas regulators so that you can keep track of how much you’re burning and how much you’re getting out of it.
- You can control both the voltage and the wire feeding speed with the Hobart welding machines because they come with control knobs in front.
Why Choose This Hobart Welders Machine?
Choosing Hobart as your daily driving welding machine has some impressive reasons as features. Here are some:
- Hobart welders are versatile in the working process as they offer a wide range of voltage controllability from 115 Volts to 230 volts for personal and professional usage.
- They all come with a controllable amperage output from 20 amps up to 190 amps, which is great for better quality in the weld.
- Hobart welders can weld almost any type and thickness of metals from 24 gauge mild steel to 1/4 or 5/16th of an inch metal, including brass, aluminum, titanium, cast iron, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions about the Hobart welding machine company that you might be interested in:
Who is Hobart made by?
What company owns Hobart?
Is Hobart Made in the USA?
Choosing the right Hobart welding machine isn’t an easy job, especially if you don’t know what you should look for. It becomes more daunting when you have too many good options in the product line up. Going through the Hobart welders review, I hope you have the right product to fulfill your needs.
However, if you’re still having some confusion, selecting the best overall, I can suggest you get the Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder. It has some extraordinary features like the dual voltage system at 115 and 230 V, along with a 20% or 30% duty cycle at 90 amps. You can easily weld any metal from 24 gauge mild steel to 3/8 heavy steel in a single pass. It’s perfect for both home repair, DIY, or professional projects.